Privacy Notice – Applicants and Candidates
Applicants and Candidates
At The Sovini Group we take the confidentiality and the security of the information we hold about our applicants/candidates very seriously.
This notice sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and is designed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) with effect from 25th May 2018.
Who is responsible for your information?
The Sovini Group Limited (the Data Controller), is responsible for the collection, processing, storage and safe keeping of any information you provide.
What information do we collect from you?
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in a curriculum vitae or covering letter.
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview, assessment day, or psychometric or other skills and/or ability tests.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information for Equality and Diversity Monitoring purposes
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
Sharing your information
We will only share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your application. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We may also share information with other agencies to comply with legal obligations.
We will still refuse to release personal information if we feel the request is not compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, or if we determine that the request is not fair or lawful.
Examples of organisations we may share your information with include:
Organisations or individuals, which you have nominated to provide a reference for employment, Support Agencies and Health Services to assess, Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions
Lawful bases for processing of your data
The lawful bases for which we will process your data are:
- Where processing is necessary for the performance of the contract(s) to which you are party.
- Where processing is in our legitimate interests or that of a third-party
- Where processing is in your vital interests
- Where you have consented to such processing
- Where we are legally obliged to
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard all information you provide.
Access to your personal information and correction
Under Article 15 of GDPR you have the right to request access to the personal information we may hold about you. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible format
If you have any enquiries relating to Data Protection, retention of documents or require access to your information please contact email@example.com or write to:
The Sovini Group
Dunnings Bridge Road