We believe that doing good is good business and pride ourselves on conducting ourselves in an ethical manner as a purpose-led organisation.
We have been working hard to embed a culture of good governance by practicing environmental, social and economic accountability and transparency across all levels of our business and throughout our supply chain.
Outlined below are the steps we are taking as a Group to ensure we are creating a positive lasting impact on our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve.
Our innovative approach to social involvement helps improve the health and wellbeing of colleagues, customers and the local community, in addition to providing an economic boost and supporting our vision to create a better future.
In 2022/23, here is how we supported our customers, colleagues and communities:
- The Sovini Group’s Community Development Fund supported local community groups and charitable organisations to deliver events and initiatives benefitting 30,000 individuals and generating £29.6million in social value.
- Our largest development to date, Morris Meadows generated £3.1million social value, 7million economic value and £160k environmental value.
- Supported over 620 customers through our financial inclusion service.
- Offering concessionary trips on the Pride of Sefton to charitable organisations
- Were proudly awarded the Responsible Business (Social Governance) accolade by Liverpool Chamber of Commerce at the 2022 Innovation in Business Awards, recognising the positive impact of our organisation within the community.
We’ve taken decisive action to tackle our carbon footprint, with our goal being to achieve net zero emissions. To accelerate action, we’ve invested resource and funds, and will continue to do so, to deliver our net-zero vision.
We recognise that we play a pivotal role in contributing towards growth and sustainability in the region, and we aim to conduct business in an ethical manner so that we can improve the regions and communities in which we work.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact by;
- Actively procuring services from organisations committed to reducing their environmental impact.
- Reducing our carbon dioxide by 2,300 tonnes during the build process of Conway Point.
- Launching a ‘Greener Living’ campaign to encourage colleagues to adopt sustainable ways of living, providing them with complimentary LED lightbulbs to reduce energy consumption and output within their homes.
- Building sustainable new homes constructed using a ‘fabric first’ approach that focuses on the reduction of energy consumption, through thermal efficiency and running costs.
- Investing in our homes to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions, installing external wall insulation, new electric heating and ventilation systems and replacing windows and doors.
- Recycling 100% of all of our office and construction waste, equating to 5,200 tonnes diverted from landfill.
We are committed to creating opportunities and changing the lives of our colleagues, customers, and the communities in which we work.
We promote a positive culture of valuing and celebrating diversity and accepting and including people regardless of their personal characteristics or circumstances. In 2022/23 we;
- Welcomed 218 new colleagues to our award-winning Group.
- Enrolled 28 talented individuals onto our apprenticeship programme.
- Continue to buck the national trend on gender pay, with a gap of -6.8% in favour of female employees.
- Invested 28millionto develop new, affordable properties in the region.
- Group partner Sovini Property Services secured a three-year contract with Torus to help manage and maintain their 40,000 homes, as part of a framework worth £1.2 billion.
To find out more about our impact read our latest annual report HERE.