We are committed to providing an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace for all our colleagues to thrive in.
Promoting a positive culture of valuing and celebrating diversity, whoever you are, you can expect to be treated fairly, with respect and free from discrimination. Our work environment will be welcoming, friendly and a place for all our colleagues to thrive in.
We are proud of what we have achieved but we never stand still and are continually looking at ways to improve, but let’s take a moment to look back on some of our highlights from 2022/23:
- During 2022/23 we proudly received a number of awards and accreditations, in recognition of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, including:
- Investors in People (IIP) Platinum – Platinum is the highest level of IIP accreditation and is achieved by only 5% of over 50,000 companies who are assessed. The rigorous assessment focusses on an organisations approach to diversity and inclusion, and employee wellbeing.
- Northern Housing Awards Best Approach to Diversity and Inclusion
- Successfully retained the Mindful Employer accreditation, for our approach to ensuring positive mental health for employees.
- Navajo Charter Mark, a signifier of good practice, commitment and knowledge of the specific needs, issues and barriers facing LGBT+ people.
- Launched Empower, a campaign which supports women in achieving their ambitions and building an inclusive workplace where women of all characteristics are empowered.
- Invited local female students onto the Group’s Pathway into Construction work experience programme in celebration of Women in Construction Week. The week-long initiative allows young women to gain valuable work experience in the construction industry.
- Established a Supported Internship programme, offering valuable employment experiences to neurodiverse students.
- Group partner, Sovini Construction sponsored Merseyside’s first LGBTQ+ women’s football team, Inclusion Plus FC.
- Through our Community Development Fund we provided support to underrepresented groups in a bid to promote inclusion in local communities and improve wellbeing.
We will shortly be publishing our EDI annual report for 2022/23, highlighting our proactive approach to creating diverse and inclusive communities. View our previous EDI annual reports HERE.